January 26, 2011

Visitation

Monday January 17th-

With all the arrangements made with the funeral home and the memoral garden we turned our attention to preparing ourselves for your visitation.

We had been to serveral visitations/funerals in our life but the thing that botherd me most was that we didn't have the memories that most families have to look back on durring these times. The Lord again was with us and gave us the perfect idea. We might not could see your physical body but you were definently with us this past summer and fall! We hurried home to pick out pictures of our travels and included some of your birth. These pictures where that little extra that I needed to make it through your visitation! I was able to 'show your off' if only for a few hours. .but it meant the world!

We learned alot durring your visitation! We never dreamed that that many people would come out in our support to celebrate your little life! We were abosolutely blown away! We thank each and everyone who attended! We were truely blessed!!

Once the visitation had concluded we were given the oppurtunity to place a few objects in with your body. Your daddy had the sweest idea. He had recieved a snow white bible upon graduation from LPN school that he had Mimi inscribe to you. Your aunt kellie also provided a fawn with white spots for your to 'play with.' Both your daddy and I knew that we woudln't physically be with you but we wanted a picture of us with your body to be close to you. I was dead set against having an open casket for the visitation or the funeral untill that night. When the funeral home worker opened the lid we couldn't believe our eyes! You were beautiful! They had you snuggled in the most perfect way! I was given the opertunity to do one of the few 'mommy' duities I would have. Your daddy and I were able to arrange your toy's, bible, and our family picture properly with your little body. We were so thankful for this special time that we were able to spend and 'care' for you!

The sweet lady who looked after the funeral home at night told my mom before we left that she would "leave the light on for you." This melted all of our hearts!



Chelles

No comments:

Post a Comment