February 6, 2011
Possibly the best Super Bowl I've ever watched. I'm glad it turned around. The game was great! Commercials made us laugh. Music could have been better if we could have heard the music behind the vocals but still better than in recent years. Only one hiccup. . . . Why is this great game making us sad??
'Jerry World,' as we like to call it, is now a large part of our son's life.
This past September Dean and I traveled to Arlington to watch the Yankees play the Rangers. September 11th a very special day in itself but to watch the Yankees at the same time. Priceless! There was also one other 'event' that only Dean and I knew about at the time. Our trip was extra special because we knew that this was our first trip not as a couple but a family of three!
We were treated to a great game won in the 9th inning by the Rangers! We saw a tremendous rarity when Yankees great closer BLEW the game! Bottom of the 9th Rangers down 5-6 after a rally in the top of the 8th Yankees. Top of the 9th Rangers held Yankees. Now it was time for the Rangers to go to work! Yankee fans begin leaving the stadium as their closer approached the mound cheering "game is over." Little did they know they were missing what I feel was history!
Bottom of the 9th, bases LOADED I make some sort of smart mouth comment that the way this inning is going why don't he (the pitcher) just walk the winning run? It would make TV? Haha Next thing we saw was truly priceless!! Mariano Rivera HITS Jeff Francoeur and WALKS in the winning run! Holy Cow!! I would have LOVED to have seen the faces of all the Yankee fans who left the game early (cheering might I add) because they 'knew' it was over and they were victorious!
The next day we spent most of the day wondering around Dallas Cowboy's Stadium. It was absolutely amazing! The day before we went to look around the Pro Shop and find a couple of gift to bring back home. When we arrived the box office said that they were sold out of guided tours of the stadium but we could buy tickets for the self guided tour. We decided we would wait on buying tickets because the self guided tour didn't have a limit on tickets sold. We spent a couple of hours touring the Pro Shop and when we walked out we had to walk by the box office to get to the car. In the time that we spent in the Pro Shop they Opened! several guided tours for the next day! We were beyond excited! We loved the tour!
It was neat watching the Super Bowl last night because we had been 'behind the scenes' that they were showing. Exciting I know. . But. . .Again Sadening. We talked serveral times the day of the tour how much we were going to enjoy brining our 'little one' back to tour the stadium. We will never foreget that trip. It now means more to us than we ever dreamed. We had one of our only family portrits that we'll ever have taken on the Cowboy Star along the 50 yardline!
With very saddend hearts we begain to watch the game. Many probably don't know this but Dean is a huge Green Bay fan. He watched Farve for years! Rodgers is a very close second to Farve. As the game started we could barely believe our eyes. Green Bay took it to 'em! Then it hit me. . .My mind lately has been wandering and mostly it makes me sad but this time it made me smile. I just happened to have a little picture of Jackson in an angels arms with a big 'ole slice of cheese on his little head! I know crazy but the thought of our little guy being 'in' close with the 'Big Guy' above made us smile!
This became our little inside joke durring the game. Dean says he was never nervious but I was a bit when the stealers mounted their comeback. We joked that that Jackson had a few to many nachos durring half time and just woke up from his little nap when the Packers returned to the game. It was a nail biter but what a finnish!
It was beyond awsome watching the Packers win and think and talk about our Baby Boy in a Positive way!
Chelles
No comments:
Post a Comment